Creative Capital’s MAP fund grants for 2011 include two Texas orgs: Houston’s Catastrophic Theatre gets money for The Hand Tales, a play that centers on a man mid-way through life’s journey who has lost all interest in what comes next, and Austin’s Fusebox Festival (coming up in April) will present An Evening With William Shatner Asterisk, a new performance work that “considers a post-human theatre.” The MAP Fund is the second largest open submission grant for contemporary performance in the US, and the winners will have continuing access to Creative Capital’s network of career development resources.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015