Creative Capital’s MAP fund grants for 2011 include two Texas orgs: Houston’s Catastrophic Theatre gets money for The Hand Tales, a play that centers on a man mid-way through life’s journey who has lost all interest in what comes next, and Austin’s Fusebox Festival (coming up in April) will present An Evening With William Shatner Asterisk, a new performance work that “considers a post-human theatre.” The MAP Fund is the second largest open submission grant for contemporary performance in the US, and the winners will have continuing access to Creative Capital’s network of career development resources.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015