100+ art museums will take part in this year’s Art Museum Day on May 18, and some of them are in Texas: The Amon Carter , El Paso Museum of Art, Kimbell, McNay, Meadows, Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, Nasher Sculpture Center, San Antonio Museum of Art, and The Menil Collection will all have special programming and free admission. Organized by the American Association of Museum Directors in conjunction with International Museum Day is organized annually around the world by the International Council of Museums (ICOM), this year’s theme is “Museums and Memory,” and might be dedicated, in Texas, to the memories of all the ex-museum directors piling up in unused attics and shoeboxes throughout the state.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015