Kerrville jewelry retailer James Avery Craftsman has donated $15,000 to the Emerging Texas Artist Scholarship Program of the Texas Arts and Crafts Educational Foundation. The money will help keep eight exceptional art students in art programs at Texas colleges. Last year’s (the program’s 10th) lucky scholars were Jessica Battes – UTSA, Jennifer Modesett – ACC, Henry Bloomer – UNT, Mick Burson – MCC, Andrea Duarte – Baylor, Martin Kruk – UNT, Ayanna Spears – ACC, Marybeth Sudan – Baylor.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015