The San Antonio Museum of Art has selected Katie Luber to be the museum’s new Kelso Director. A 5th generation Texan, Luber has degrees in art history from UT and Bryn Mawr College and specialized in Renaissance painting before turning entrepreneur, getting an MBA, and co-founding The Seasoned Palate, Inc., a company specializing in bite-sized packages of organic spices. Luber replaces former director Marion Oettinger, Jr., who stepped down to devote himself to be full-time curator of the Museum’s Latin American art collection.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015