Without the fanfare and pared down in budget, projects like Mary Ellen Carroll’s much-hyped house moving art piece Prototype 180 are gaining traction as a popular pastime! Houston neighborhood blog The Heights Life reports a the recent 90-degree rotation of a vintage bungalow at 19th and Herkimer Streets, speculating that the rotation-in-place had “something to do with the historic district.” Rotating the corner-lot house would change its legal address, placing it either under (or out from under) historic district regulation.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015