A free screening of photojournalist Tim Hetherington’s feature-length documentary Restrepo, about soldiers in Afghanistan’s Korengal Valley, has taken on a new poignancy with news of Hetherington’s death in Libya. The film is being shown at the renovated Texas Theatre, 231 W. Jefferson Blvd in Oak Cliff on Wednesday, May 11, at 7:30pm. Hetherington was to be in Dallas for the screening. Restrepo is being shown in conjunction with XXI: Conflicts in a New Century at the Oak Cliff Cultural Center, right next door, which features some of his photographs.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015