Bonnie Pitman, soon-to-be ex-director of the Dallas Museum of Art, has been recognized by the American Association of Museums with its Award For Distinguished Service to Museums for 2011. She will receive her award at the AAM Annual Meeting in Houston at the end of the month, just as she steps down as head of the DMA for health reasons. Her recent book Ignite the Power of Art: Advancing Visitor Engagement in Museums details some of the innovative approaches to museology she instituted in her 11 years at the museum as deputy and since 2008, director.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015