Developers are eyeing several sites in the industrial East End of Houston as possible cultural destinations. The Houston Maritime Museum, near the Medical Center, and the Houston Railroad Museum in northeast Houston are negotiating to buy land in the area. Box13 hosted the opening of the Texas Biennial last night at it’s Harrisburg St. space. El Rincon Social has been active in the area since 2006. Jesse Hernandez is opening the World War II Military History Museum on Canal Street later this summer. Metro rail is on the way. The rush is on!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015