Piero Fenci has been named Texas Master craftsman of 2012 by the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft. Fenci is the fourth Texas Master, and will receive a solo show at HCCC in the summer of 2012 and will jury the center’s CraftTexas 2014 exhibition. Fenci has been a teacher and the head of the ceramics department at Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches since 1975 and stars in an amusing YouTube video where he sings, throws pottery, and wears a “stressed kitty” t-shirt all at the same time!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015