“Despite the fact that Galveston is a city of 50,000 and in no way large enough to sustain the sales required for a successful gallery,” the new Avis Frank Gallery is opening its doors for its first art event this Friday, April 29, from 6-9 pm with a group show featuring works by Patrick Medrano, Steve Murphy, Lisa Qualls, Kelli Vance, Martin Wnuk, and gallery owners David Hardaker and Ray Phillips. 215 23rd St. The quote, sort of a failsafe disclaimer, is from the gallery’s “about” page!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015