Low Lives 3 is an exhibition of live performance-based works transmitted over the web and projected in real time at multiple venues around the world, including Box13 in Houston. Fifty live performances will be streamed over two days: April 29, from 7-10pm, and April 30, from 2-5pm, including “everyone’s favorite exhibitionist” Houston artist Jenny Schlief performing The Ugliest Man and Zarathustra: Evaluation by Another Human in front of a live audience in Box13’s gallery dedicated to technology-based work. For those preferring a more virtual experience, the performance can also be viewed as it is streamed simultaneously to the same space! Also on the 29th, Houston’s Nancy Douthey will perform A Marching Cowgirl at Dunlavy Park from 6:30-6:40pm, or see it streamed online.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015