Ned Rifkin, director of the Blanton Museum in Austin and UT prof, is resigning his museum job to focus on research and teaching as of May 31. The footsore Rifkin has already been director of the Hirshhorn in D.C., the Menil Collection, and the High Museum of Art in Atlanta, as well as undersecretary for art at the Smithsonian, and has been at the Blanton only since 2009. Simone Wicha, the Blanton’s deputy director for external affairs and operations, will be the new director beginning June 1.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015