Two competing art fairs scheduled for this fall in Houston have set the CAMH and the MFAH at odds. The Houston Fine Art Fair is scheduled for Sept. 15-18; The Texas Contemporary fair is scheduled for Oct. 20-23. Both are in the George R. Brown Convention Center. Each fair would benefit one of the institutions more than the other, and claims and counterclaims of mud-slinging and skullduggery have arrived well ahead of the events to heat up the approaching Texas summer. CAMH director Bill Arning badmouthed the Houston Fine Art Fair in an email which was leaked by a CAMH trustee and started a ruckus as Houston gallerists involved with the fair got indignant. Witch hunt for leaking trustee is on. Call Julian Assange!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015