The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston has put the finishing touch-screen in its Ting Tsung and Wei Fong Chao Arts of China Gallery. The new concept, with radically less art on view, is dominated by Cai Guo-Qiang’s gunpowder landscape wallpaper, created in last year’s much celebrated burn, and features only twelve artworks, substituting a 40″ touch screen the MFAH hopes will “engage museum visitors with the art” that’s left!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015