The Art Museum of South Texas, plagued by desperate budget cuts and with the city of Corpus Christi paying it’s electric bills, has found an angel: Green Mountain Energy is donating $140,000 for a solar panel array for the museum’s roof in honor of Earth Day. The planned system is expected to provide 25% of the museum’s electrical needs, offsetting some of the solar heating of the museum through the museum’s large energy-wasting windows. The project will provide 30,000 kilowatt hours of power, real-world exposure for green energy projects, a whopping tax credit, and get the city part way off the hook!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015