Anna Walker has been promoted from Curatorial Fellow to Curator at the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft. Walker moved to Houston in 2009 to be HCCC’s first Curatorial Fellow, assisting former Curator, Gwynne Rukenbrod, who is the new executive director of Handmade in America, a floundering 18-year-old Asheville, NC craft org. Walker curated the recent Inverted Harmony: A Handmade Environment by Jenine Bressner, Commonplace: Everyday Objects by Barbara Smith and Ryan Takaba, and Joan Son—Part Geometry, Part Zen: A Personal Exploration through Paper and helped organize the Houston screening of the indie-craft documentary, Handmade Nation.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015