Japanese-Mexican painter Maestro Shinzaburo Takeda was on hand for the unveiling of a his mural, at Texas City’s College of the Mainland on Friday. Depicting immigrants crossing the Rio Grande on a boat pulled by an alligator, the work symbolizing the close ties between Universidad Autonoma Benito Juarez de Oaxaca and College of the Mainland, the mural was painted by students under Takeda’s direction.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015