More art in Dallas Saturday! April 16 is also the annual Dallas Art Dealers Association’s annual Spring Gallery Walk. 35 of DADA’s member galleries, museums, and nonprofit art spaces open their doors, “art lovers socialize and roam from gallery to gallery” A new feature this year is the eight high school docents on hand to to help educate the public and themselves. Then there are the customary panel discussions for artists and art lovers: on the morning of Spring Gallery Walk, Panel 1, from 10:30am to 12 is entitled The Intersection of Fashion and Art with panelists Dallas Morning News Fashion Editor Tracy Hayes, Fashionistas Executive Director Megan McQuery, fashion designer Darian Thomas, artist Julie Michel and Fashionistas founder Heidi Dillon. Panel 2, from 1 to 2:30pm, is entitled Selling Your Art—Galleries and Beyond. Panelists are Julie McCullough Kim of Make and Indie Genius, Chris Byrne of the Dallas Art Fair, Talley Dunn of Dunn and Brown Contemporary, and artists Katrina Doran, Jacob Naasz, and Pamela Nelson and James Cope of the Goss-Michael Foundation as moderators. Panel dicussion tickets are $10, and proceeds benefit DADA’s scholarship fund.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015