Dallas’ newest cultural space, the Oak Cliff Cultural Center is hosting XXI: Conflicts in a New Century, co-curated by Charles Dee Mitchell and Cynthia Mulcahy. The opening’s Friday, April 15. In conjunction with the show, British filmmaker and war photogrpher Tim Hetherington will be on hand May 11 for a free screening of Restrepo, a feature-length documentary that chronicles the deployment of a platoon of U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan’s Korengal Valley at the newly-restored Texas Theatre next door.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015