Dallas’ newest cultural space, the Oak Cliff Cultural Center is hosting XXI: Conflicts in a New Century, co-curated by Charles Dee Mitchell and Cynthia Mulcahy. The opening’s Friday, April 15. In conjunction with the show, British filmmaker and war photogrpher Tim Hetherington will be on hand May 11 for a free screening of Restrepo, a feature-length documentary that chronicles the deployment of a platoon of U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan’s Korengal Valley at the newly-restored Texas Theatre next door.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015