Jeanne-Claire Van Ryzin reports on the series of mis-steps at Arthouse, Austin’s latest imploding art venue. Censoring Michelle Handelman, pimping Graham Hudson’s Rehearsal at the Astoria to Warner Music, now axing its curatorial staff! Longtime Arthouse staffer Jenn Gardner resigned Monday in protest over the curatorial axe saying,“I strongly disagreed with the concept of Arthouse existing without a full-time curator.” In February, the Austin Museum of Art gave the boot to Dana Friis-Hansen, gave up its expansion plans, and will soon remove itself entirely from downtown. Soon all that will be left is the trimmed-back, city-approved version of the Cathedral of Junk!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015