Arthouse’s sudden elimination of their only curator, Elizabeth Dunbar, has sparked sudden protest among artists who fear that “without a clear creative voice, contemporary art institutions run the risk of recycling tired examples of national content” and are calling on artists who are participating in Arthouse’s upcoming 5×7 fundraiser to pull their work out of the event in protest.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015