Arthouse’s sudden elimination of their only curator, Elizabeth Dunbar, has sparked sudden protest among artists who fear that “without a clear creative voice, contemporary art institutions run the risk of recycling tired examples of national content” and are calling on artists who are participating in Arthouse’s upcoming 5×7 fundraiser to pull their work out of the event in protest.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015