The Dallas Museum of Art announced today that its director Bonnie Pitman is to step down next month due to health reasons. Olivier Meslay, the DMA’s Senior Curator of European and American Art, will serve as the interim director as the museum forms a search committee to find a new director. Pitman joined the museum as deputy director in 2000 and became director in 2008. She is perhaps best known for her research, specifically a multi-year survey of the DMA’s audiences that was documented in the recent book Ignite the Power of Art, which she co-wrote.
also by Rainey Knudson
- A Conversation With Dave Hickey - September 11th, 2016
- What Statement is the MFAH Making with “Statements”? - September 9th, 2016
- Exit Interview: Claudia Schmuckli - August 30th, 2016
- Meow Wolf: Dawn Of A New Art World - August 14th, 2016
- Immersion Art Part 1: Yayoi Kusama at MFAH - August 5th, 2016