The Dallas Museum of Art announced today that its director Bonnie Pitman is to step down next month due to health reasons. Olivier Meslay, the DMA’s Senior Curator of European and American Art, will serve as the interim director as the museum forms a search committee to find a new director. Pitman joined the museum as deputy director in 2000 and became director in 2008. She is perhaps best known for her research, specifically a multi-year survey of the DMA’s audiences that was documented in the recent book Ignite the Power of Art, which she co-wrote.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Ron Hoover: Modern Business Shadows - April 2nd, 2017
- God Bless Bukowski - March 28th, 2017
- New Year: Less Internet, More People - January 10th, 2017
- Dorothy Hood: The Color of Being / El Color de Ser - January 1st, 2017
- This and That: Duchamp and Serrano - December 19th, 2016