The Dallas Museum of Art announced today that its director Bonnie Pitman is to step down next month due to health reasons. Olivier Meslay, the DMA’s Senior Curator of European and American Art, will serve as the interim director as the museum forms a search committee to find a new director. Pitman joined the museum as deputy director in 2000 and became director in 2008. She is perhaps best known for her research, specifically a multi-year survey of the DMA’s audiences that was documented in the recent book Ignite the Power of Art, which she co-wrote.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Looking for Texas Art in Texas - February 7th, 2016
- An Open Letter to the Other 49 States - January 24th, 2016
- Prints, and Architectural Pathos, at the Art Museum of Southeast Texas - January 3rd, 2016
- Rothko, in Retrospect - December 18th, 2015
- The Best Defense is Good Offensiveness - December 6th, 2015