The Dallas Museum of Art announced today that its director Bonnie Pitman is to step down next month due to health reasons. Olivier Meslay, the DMA’s Senior Curator of European and American Art, will serve as the interim director as the museum forms a search committee to find a new director. Pitman joined the museum as deputy director in 2000 and became director in 2008. She is perhaps best known for her research, specifically a multi-year survey of the DMA’s audiences that was documented in the recent book Ignite the Power of Art, which she co-wrote.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Debtfair: It’s Not About the Art - October 24th, 2015
- VIDEO: Texas Contemporary Art Fair Opening Night 2015 - October 5th, 2015
- Notes from the Broad - September 25th, 2015
- Announcing Off Road: Robert Irwin & Michael Govan - September 18th, 2015
- How to Make a Painting in the 21st Century - September 12th, 2015