The Yarn Dawgz, an all-male knitting collective, have an installation at San Antonio’s Pearl Brewery. The Dawgz are Billy Muñoz & Dino Foxx, both young Latino artists. Two knitters (and bloggers) Mandy Moore and Leanne Prain, who live in Vancouver, Canada published Yarn Bombing: The Art of Knit Graffiti in the fall of 2009. In the book, they “trace the whimsical movement back to an Austin, Texas, crew called Knitta Please, who tagged a doorknob in Houston in 2005.” In case you didn’t know, International Yarn Bombing day is June 11, 2011.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015