The Yarn Dawgz, an all-male knitting collective, have an installation at San Antonio’s Pearl Brewery. The Dawgz are Billy Muñoz & Dino Foxx, both young Latino artists. Two knitters (and bloggers) Mandy Moore and Leanne Prain, who live in Vancouver, Canada published Yarn Bombing: The Art of Knit Graffiti in the fall of 2009. In the book, they “trace the whimsical movement back to an Austin, Texas, crew called Knitta Please, who tagged a doorknob in Houston in 2005.” In case you didn’t know, International Yarn Bombing day is June 11, 2011.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015