Houston artist David McGee was awarded a 10-day residency in France by the Texas-French Alliance for the Arts at their fundraising auction/awards party at the Decorative Center in Houston. Chosen by a star-studded panel of contemporary art curators, McGee’s print Sartre and Camus was an obvious choice: honorary selection chair Judy Nyquist said “McGee’s work was very compelling for its inherent references to France.” Nice (France) artist Daniel Farioli got second prize, and Jonathan Leach, third.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015