The Blaffer Art Museum’s new program, Window into Houston, debuts with Elaine Bradford: The Sidereal on Wednesday April 6. The project will showcase Houston artists’ projects in historic storefront windows at 110 Milam St. downtown. Bradford’s installation plays on museum dioramas, presenting fictions in the form of facts. According to Bradford, in this piece “a pair of bears . . . display an unusual mating ritual.” There’s a free opening reception on Wednesday, April 6 from 6:30-8pm. Free street parking is available downtown after 6pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015