The Blaffer Art Museum’s new program, Window into Houston, debuts with Elaine Bradford: The Sidereal on Wednesday April 6. The project will showcase Houston artists’ projects in historic storefront windows at 110 Milam St. downtown. Bradford’s installation plays on museum dioramas, presenting fictions in the form of facts. According to Bradford, in this piece “a pair of bears . . . display an unusual mating ritual.” There’s a free opening reception on Wednesday, April 6 from 6:30-8pm. Free street parking is available downtown after 6pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015