Heights area H Gallery and its owner Heidi Powell-Prera were the subject of a scathing investigative piece in the Houston Press, accused of stiffing artists, pumping up their career hopes, taking their money, then paying out late or never when work sells. The usual story, told at great length by the Press’ John Nova Lomax, with the dollar figures in dispute in the hundreds, rather than the millions in swag in New York art gallery ripoff stories!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015