Answers to Questions: John Wood and Paul Harrison, currently on view at Houston’s Contemporary Art Museum, will close two weeks early for the installation of a new roof, funded by a surpriseingly sudden and generous grant from the Cullen Foundation. In a delightfully tongue in cheek letter to CAMH-goers, Director Bill Arning pointed out that “the roof is crucial to the success of any museum, as it is what keeps the art from being rained on”, and reminisced “I had been at a biennale in Sao Paulo when a storm took the roof off that biennale’s famous landmark building and the army had to surround it to safeguard Gericault and van Gogh paintings inside, so I know what that scenario looks like. It’s not pretty.” Sunday, April 10th, will be the last day to see Wood and Harrison, so hurry!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015