Even the Washington Post is beginning to question whether Austin can stay weird, or whether gentrification is inevitably pushing the slackers out. An analysis of the radioactive tsunami of affluent conformity threatening the city by Red Wassenich, credited in the article with coining the phrase “Keep Austin Weird,” retells the stories of the embattled Cathedral of Junk and Enchanted Forest.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015