XYZ Collective, a new artist-run space in Tokyo, is holding a benefit show for the Japanese Red Cross. For FAXINATION JAPAN, artists from all over the world are invited to fax a photo, drawing or message to the collective. (The fax number is +81-3-5799-4912 and fax is preferred. If you are unable to get through by fax, jpegs can also be emailed to email@example.com. Print-out size should not be larger than an A4 sheet of paper.) You may fax multiple submissions or one submission that uses multiple sheets but assembly instructions should be included if you do something complicated. The exhibition opening took place today at noon Tokyo time, but the project will last as long as submissions are still being received. Individual works will not be sold or copied; the entire project will be sold en masse and all profits donated to the Japanese Red Cross.
also by Kelly Klaasmeyer
- Habsburg Splendor: Great Art and Inbreeding at the MFAH - July 24th, 2015
- Mel Chin: Rematch - March 22nd, 2015
- Buildering: Misbehaving the City - October 9th, 2014
- A Thin Wall of Air: Charles James at the Menil Collection - June 15th, 2014
- Plexiglas Makes it Possible! Francisco Sobrino at Sicardi Gallery - June 6th, 2014