Art critic and historian Leo Steinberg died Sunday, March 13 in New York at age 90. Best known in academic circles for provocative analysis of the sexuality of Christ images in the Renaissance, Steinberg is better known to practicing artists for “The Eye Is a Part of the Mind” his 1953 proto-counter-formalist essay that is still sighed over in art-school dorm rooms today.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015