“Internationally unknown” Houston performance/event artist Emily Sloan is re-incarnating her piece “Wash” as a “Hair Washing Benefit for Japan” on Saturday, March 20, from 10am-6pm at Gallery 1724, 1724 Bissonnet St., Houston. All proceeds from the performance are going to Red Cross relief efforts in Japan. In Dallas, the Crow Collection and the Japan-America Society are partnering to bring funds to Sendai, the sister city of Dallas. Any donations collected in the lobby of the museum through March will be sent to the society’s Sendai Relief Fund.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015