Arnold Leon Schroeder Jr., sole heir of art collector and socialite Wendy Reves, is suing the Dallas Museum of Art and co-defendants Kern Wildenthal, Edward A. Copley, Harry S. Parker III, George Charlton, and Irvin Levy for allegedly conspiring to sneak her art collection out of France and into the museum, and deprive him of his inheritance. The lawsuit alleges that the DMA pressured his lonely alcoholic mother into signing away his rights and created the Wendy and Emery Reves Foundation, which donated the works to the DMA 25 years ago, specifically to circumvent French tax and inheritance laws. Schroeder is seeking return of the art and damages.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015