Arnold Leon Schroeder Jr., sole heir of art collector and socialite Wendy Reves, is suing the Dallas Museum of Art and co-defendants Kern Wildenthal, Edward A. Copley, Harry S. Parker III, George Charlton, and Irvin Levy for allegedly conspiring to sneak her art collection out of France and into the museum, and deprive him of his inheritance. The lawsuit alleges that the DMA pressured his lonely alcoholic mother into signing away his rights and created the Wendy and Emery Reves Foundation, which donated the works to the DMA 25 years ago, specifically to circumvent French tax and inheritance laws. Schroeder is seeking return of the art and damages.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015