Longtime UT art professor Kelly Fearing died Sunday of heart failure. Fearing was part of the Ft. Worth circle in the early 40’s, but abandoned social realism for the abstracted surrealism he became known for over next forty years. Beginning in 1947, Fearing was involved in the organization of the UT art program. Fearing retired from UT in 1987 as a professor emeritus. In 2009, the Texas Biennial included Fearing as a tribute to his contributions to the Texas art scene.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015