Sala Diaz has initiated Casa Chuck, a residency program for artists, arts writers and curators at Chuck Ramirez’s former residence and studio in San Antonio. Casa Chuck aims to support the careers of art professionals who make extended stays to explore the San Antonio arts community, and will be administered by independent curator and writer Henry Estrada. The program honors the memory of the beloved San Antonio artist Chuck Ramirez, who died in a bicycle accident in November 2010. Ramirez will also be remembered on March 12 at SA’s Luminaria festival, which he helped organize. A benefit auction of artist-altered bicycle helmets will be held on March 19 at Sala Diaz to support the new residency.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015