The first ever Houston Fine Art Fair is scheduled for Sept-15-18, 2011. According to the advance press, 80 galleries will fill the George R. Brown convention center. Ancillary events will include seminars, artist and collector interviews and roundtable discussions in an on-site theater. Produced by Rick Friedman’s Hamptons Expo Group Management, which also produces ArtHamptons; ArtAspen, and the San Francisco Fine Art Fair, and directed by art advisor Fran Kaufman, the new event hopest to, in the words of Mayor Annise Parker, “establish Houston as a respected and must-attend, regular stop on the national and international fine art fair circuit.” Participating galleries are TBA.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015