This year Houston’s Art Car parade coincides with the opening of the American Association of Museums big conference, also in Houston. To honor this coincidence, the Orange Show and AAM are looking to commission art cars representing the greater Houston area’s museums. Artists get a free car to work on and $4000. Proposals are due on Tuesday Feb 22, and the cars must be ready by May 18, when they will be rolled out for the hoopla!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015