Corpus Christi City Council at first voted for free utility service to help the Art Museum of South Texas and other institutions weather the economic downturn, but backtracked in the face of technicalities. According to Assistant City Manager Oscar Martinez "If you’re going to provide free utilities to any user even in a city facility it has to be formally adopted in our rate ordinance and that’s the step we’re considering whether or not we want to take that step." AMST hasn’t paid it’s bills since August, and may be forced to pay the city back, despite an $80,000 budget cut!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015