Jaume Plensa’s Tolerance, those frothy-textured steel Buddhas that have recently appeard along the Buffalo Bayou in Houston will be dedicated in a ceremony on Tuesday, February 15 at 5pm. The mayor will be there, along with the artist, Bill White, and Mica Mossbacher, the force behind the whole bridge/tolerance art project since it’s earlier proposed incarnation by Elmgreen and Dragset. Park on the grass on the south side of Allen Parkway at Montrose Boulevard, rain or shine. The next day, Wednesday, February 16, Rice Design Alliance is hosting a conversation with Jaume Plensa at the MFAH at 7pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015