Jaume Plensa’s Tolerance, those frothy-textured steel Buddhas that have recently appeard along the Buffalo Bayou in Houston will be dedicated in a ceremony on Tuesday, February 15 at 5pm. The mayor will be there, along with the artist, Bill White, and Mica Mossbacher, the force behind the whole bridge/tolerance art project since it’s earlier proposed incarnation by Elmgreen and Dragset. Park on the grass on the south side of Allen Parkway at Montrose Boulevard, rain or shine. The next day, Wednesday, February 16, Rice Design Alliance is hosting a conversation with Jaume Plensa at the MFAH at 7pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015