Governor Perry released his proposed FY2012-2013 budget yesterday, including a recommendation to suspend indefinitely the appropriation to the Texas Commission on the Arts, eliminating all state funding for the agency. Bills introduced in the legislature are less draconian, merely slashing the agency’s budget by 50%! TCA is scheduled to appear before the Senate Finance Committee on February 17; committee members can be found online.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015