Following a five thousand year old tradition, modern looters broke into the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, looking for the Gold of the Pharaohs. Citizens, some armed with sticks, detained the would-be grave robbers who ripped the heads off two mummies, damaged some small artifacts, and reinforced the arguments of European and American museums who want to hang onto cultural artifacts "acquired" in earlier times "for safekeeping."
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015