The "Cradle of Champions," a large steel sculpture made for the coming superbowl was unveiled in Fort Worth’s Sundance Square friday. The piece will be near the main stage where ESPN will originate TV broadcasts during Super Bowl week, and will afterwards be moved to another location (I can think of some!). Did I mention it’s made from sttel reclaimed from the demolished Texas Stadium and engraved with the names of Texas high school football heroes? The Star-Telegram has an overview of the current football art mania seizing the metroplex.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015