The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston is celebrating the 10th annivarsary of it’s Latin American Art department by sponsoring "El Encuentro," a mixer where, for $7, the public can rub shoulders with "emerging artists and established gallerists" (those being the bankable categories in each field) from across Latin America. It’s an "art fair-style set-up," with 25 galleries promoting their artists on the lower level or the MFAH’s Beck building from 4-8pm Friday,Feb. 4 and 12-4 Saturday, February 5. NOTE: Galleries are only "providing information" about their artists in the museum’s halls; all checks must be written in Cafe Express.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015