Americans for the Arts released their second National Arts Index survey, and the ‘health and vitality’ of the arts, as they measure it, has hit a 12-year low. It seems that attendance and funding of large mainstream arts orgs continues to decline, even as more people are studying and participating directly in art and its creation than ever before! This is bad news?
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015