In a bizarre annual event, some of the furniture at the Museum of Fine Arts Rienzi House, former urban estate of art patrons Carroll Sterling Masterson and Harris Masterson III, will be overturned and opened for a close-up look at their construction. This year for the first and likely only time, visitors will be allowed in Rienzi’s kitchen and butler’s pantry to see the Masterson’s collection of cookbooks and 1950’s appliances. All for a mere $10 admission fee! Today, January 23, from 1 – 4:30pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015