Smithsonian Secretary G. Wayne Clough just dug his hole even deeper. Upholding the intellectual principle of knowing on which side your bread is buttered, he made a statement defending his removal of David Wojnarowicz’s "A Fire in My Belly," saying that "we are not here to cause controversy," and that continued financial support from Congress was a factor in his decision.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015