Dana Friis-Hansen, director of the Austin Museum of Art since 2002, is suddenly leaving the institution, with a decidedly cool send-off from museum board president Lynn Sherman, who said that “The museum has some great opportunities and so does Dana, and it’s a favorable situation for him and for us” in Jeanne Claire van Ryzin’s Austin arts blog. A few weeks ago the museum has scrapped plans to expand downtown and sold its lot. Jack Nokes has been hired as an interim executive director.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015