No one knows the ultimate fate of the 30-foot wooden Indian head that used to greet visitors at the Texas Travel Information center on I-30 outside Texarkana. In 1990 the massive red oak carving was brought indoors due to deterioration, and stored at the arena of the Four States Fairground for a decade, but after that, no one is sure where it went. The roadside attraction, by itinerant sculptor Peter Wolf Toth, is still on many maps, and brings a trickle of visitors to Texarkana even now.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015