“Turner to Monet: Masterpieces from The Walters Art Museum,” drew a record number of visitors to the Blanton Museum in Austin, proving again the uncanny, hypnotic power of impressionist painting to woo the masses. The show logged 60,000 visitors, second only to the grand opening of museum.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015