“Turner to Monet: Masterpieces from The Walters Art Museum,” drew a record number of visitors to the Blanton Museum in Austin, proving again the uncanny, hypnotic power of impressionist painting to woo the masses. The show logged 60,000 visitors, second only to the grand opening of museum.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015