With Houston’s cheesy "tolerance bridge" idea scrapped in favor of a functionalist foot-and-bike way, the tolerance crowd have moved on to public sculptures, commissioning seven 10-foot high shiny steel figures on boulders by Spanish artist Jaume Plensa. "Tolerance," gifted to the city by the Greater Houston Community Foundation will be installed in the "Harmony Walk" area of Buffalo Bayou Park, situated between Allen Parkway and Memorial Drive, and between Waugh Drive and Montrose Boulevard, on the south side of Buffalo Bayou.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015