Houston Arts Alliance has paid up to make Houston one of the subjects for the upcoming Arts & Economic Prosperity Study IV, organized by lobbying group Americans for the Arts. The last study, five years ago, showed Houston as one of the top ten most robust nonprofit art economies. The new count will quantify the dollars spent by arts orgs and audiences, jobs created, and tax revenue generated by all our arty activity, aimed at demonstrating "that the arts are a formidable industry that stimulates the economy in cities and towns across the country," according to Robert L. Lynch, president and CEO of Americans for the Arts. The figures will be out in early 2012.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015